They are fearless, fiery and raring to go. Almost nothing can stop them once they lock their targets. The kind of acrobatics they perform, has your hair standing on its end. Jumping off the edge is what they do. Living on the edge is what you learn when they're around. Their 'go getter' attitude keeps you on your toes? Thought you just had enuff, it couldn't get any better? Think twice. You might have miscalculated. I'm not even hinting at Akshay Kumar and his gang of hotties. I'm talking about firebrands. The little ones.

My three year old cousin took a chance at daredevilry yesterday. She might have considered this a pretty lame attempt to demonstrate her daring. But her plunge from a fleet of stairs made our kidneys jump to our mouths. She fell letting out a frightened cry. Without a tear rolling down from her eye, she stood up. Was too shocked to cry i guess. There was a bump on her forehead though. Her father ran to pick her up in his arms but she refused to go to him and clung to me instead. Proud moment for me..considering she chose me over her father. Pathetic me. She was plain angry with him. We didn't understand why?

Later she told us innocently, "Papa ne bachaya nahi". (Papa didn't save me from falling)
Poor Papa. He must have felt miserable. Kids imagine their fathers are superheroes who'll swoop in on them whenever they are falling. I took her outside to distract her and found myself showing her cows and dogs. Worse, she looked at me questioningly. She wasn't crying. What the heck was I doing!!

Almost two decades ago, my younger brother had shown similar traits. Guess it's in the family. Though it's a different thing I'm class apart..heh. Well he was five. Our house was under construction. Being inquisitive and finding the coast clear, he decided to carry out one of the most historic experiments of all times, in our family history i.e. His findings were as follows:
When an electrical conductor, say an iron rod, dipped in a solution which is also an electrical conductor (water came handy in this case), is driven into a 'functional' electrical socket, conditions remaining ideal (experimenter without footwear or rubber gloves on), sparkling, blue stars were reported visible to the human eye.
He's an engineer now. Humor is cruel!!


This entry was posted on 4/08/2009 10:00:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

    Mukul said...

    Humor is cruel!!

    दिल की बात कहीं लब पे न आ जाए
    हंसते हंसते आँख कहीं न भर आये

  1. ... on April 9, 2009 at 7:30 PM  
  2. Karthik said...

    Very well expressed.. :)
    It was a cute read.. ;)

  3. ... on April 10, 2009 at 11:17 AM  
  4. Unknown said...

    gr8 write up......my experience was so well described that i cud nt help laughing on myself......hilarious

  5. ... on April 24, 2009 at 11:00 PM  
  6. April said...

    heh..thanks ppl :-)

  7. ... on April 25, 2009 at 1:27 PM