Crimes of passion. Love at first sight. Impulsive compulsive behaviour. All acts of capricious hedonism locked up safely in a corner of your room might not stay that way forever. Some day you unlock the doors and your sinner self stands embarrassed, staring wide eyed, unable to dish out a probable reason for your whimsical conquests. What was I thinking? It seemed right then but right after you had it, something didn't feel right altogether. You might not even be able to figure out how you must put away these axiomatic evidences to your unabashed self gratification. What was I thinking? How could I? My thoughts exactly. Yeah. All my shopping bloopers out of the hiding, scattered right in front of me, made me cringe to the point that I almost swore not to shop again. How depressing? Am I losing sanity? How can a girl breathe and not shop? I ate my words regarding not shopping again few seconds ago. What's done is done. The red t-shirt which seemed pretty when I bought it, was never worn more than once only to be disregarded and buried under a pile of similar mistakes. The long sky blue skirt, which incidently my mother (accomplice in crime) approved of at the time we bought it, got dismissed too. My defence. It looked like a goddamn petticoat after a few washes!! Ohh cummon.

Sometimes I just look back at my dresses and I wonder. Is that me? Really me? I was pathetic back then (scowl). Clumsy dresser. Not that I've turned into the fashion icon and Sex and the City star, Sarah Jessica Parker all offasudden but yeah I've improved. Or so I'd like to believe (everybody else except stupid fool scowls). You make mistakes never to learn from them. Have a gander at my blunder collection and you'll have an idea what I'm talking about. The crimes do not stop at fabric and threads alone. This is when my fetish for shoes shall be revealed to the world as I hang my head in ...deep thought. Shoes..hmm. Current pair requires urgent replacement. Sarah Jessica Parker has a collection of over 200 pairs of shoes. She dsnt wear them all. Just FYI. Not that I intended to inadvertently suggest something. Heh. The sheer bliss of finding what you had in mind in a shop is unsurpassed. Buying it is another deal altogether. Shoes are a beauty. Some of them make me fall in love over n over again. And sometimes to buy them and subsequently own them is an inexplicable high in itself. This is exactly how such a crime of passion is committed in a surge of impulse. Atleast that's how I've been doing it. Now don't get ideas. We'll talk about that laterrrrr (wink).


This entry was posted on 9/07/2009 05:00:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Karthik said...

    Dhuhh..! :P
    I read the first 8 sentences thrice thinking that it was some kind of metaphor. And all the time you were talking about your shopping and clothes and shoes??
    Wonderful read though. Waiting for you next post..... :-)

  1. ... on September 7, 2009 at 7:35 PM